Permanent, Full-time - 5 days per week
Head of Design
We have an exciting opportunity to work as one of our Presentation Artists in our exciting design house / department. This role requires a creative individual to work in the show home market, where you will be required to work on the presentation of schemes.
- Produce presentation boards that clearly demonstrate the schemes that we have designed.
- Working alongside Designers and Account Managers.
- Working within scheduled timescales.
- Keeping up to date with new trends / schemes and creative solutions.
- Competitor understanding of schemes and designs.
- Ensure all presentations and fabric swatches are created for the job file.
- Use of Apple Mac’s, Adobe and Photoshop for presentations.
- Perspective hand drawings for presentations.
- Working with the Operations department where updates on jobs are required.
- Maintain job files with any changes from original presentation / design.
- Understand client preferences and designs – keep designs fresh and new.
- Desired proficiency in Excel.
- Proficiency in Vectorworks / Photoshop / Adobe desired.
- Relevant design qualification / experience (Art & Design based qualification).
- Office IT systems – MACs and PCs.
Attributes and Behaviours
- Attention to detail.
- Creativity and imagination – continually developing, keeping on top of new trends & styles.
- An eye for proportion / colour / balance design, and good 3D awareness.
- Deep listening skills to effectively deliver clients’ needs and articulate these successfully to colleagues.
- An interest in design.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; able to operate both independently as well as part of a team.
- Planned and organised – ability to manage time effectively to work on a number of schemes at the same time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Design Account Manager’s, Operations, and other team members.
- Shares ideas and information.
- Self-motivated – driven to achieve results.
- Naturally positive communicator.
Back to careers